Henry

Henry
Christmas 2009

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Gearbox and Engine Installed

I got the gearbox in by myself. My brother-in-law Fred helped me install the engine. It took us four hours to finish the job. If you know what you are doing it can be done in an hour.
Once the engine was off the engine stand and hanging on the hoist, I could install a new pilot bearing, the flywheel, and the clutch.
The difficult job here was getting the old pilot bushing out. After trying several methods a 3/8" NPT tap screwed in did the job. Good thing as the old bushing was broken in two.
New clutch bolted on.
Starting to install the engine in the frame. Lots of pushing and twisting.


Two happy guys!
















1 comment:

dddseebig said...

Great blog Henry!! I just bought a 59 MGA. It was restored about 25 years ago and then left in a barn for the past 20 years here in Summerland, BC. Taking the engine apart now, most things look but found a small crack in the cylinder head. If you are ever in the Okanaga look me up my email is weism(AT)
Michael