Henry

Henry
Christmas 2009

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fuel System

I tried to use the original gas tank but it was badly dented and rusted, New gas tanks aren't too expensive so I opted for a new tank. Only one of the straps that support the gas tank was whole, though, like everything else, badly rusted. As shown below, the other strap had the lower half missing. I cut a new strip from 18 gage sheet metal and welded it in.

The car came with a rubber hose connected from the gas tank to the fuel pump, which was missing. Because of this, I had no idea how the gas line was routed from the tank to the fuel pump. I thought it ran inside the frame. Wrong! At the Minter Gardens Car Show I crawled under every MGA there to see how to fit the gas line. It runs outside the frame as shown here. The fuel pump is a new solid state model of the original SU electric pump. No sticking points to worry about now.



No comments: